Monday, April 24, 2006

Poppy the Hero

Nonny and Poppy came to visit this weekend! Juliette got lots of fun birthday presents and best of all, Poppy enclosed our deck, so now the kids can play safely without the dogs bothering them. Izzy and Frizzy are very disturbed by their relocation but the kids are having lots of fun! I've been wanting to do that for two years now! Juliette and Gideon have been outside almost all day for the last two days. They are loving it.

We had a really good weekend overall! Saturday Mom and Dad watched the kids while Ray and I went to a neighborhood outreach the church did. They had free games and food and then had a really great drama and a brief testimony. We have a college group that just got back from Juarez where they did the same thing with street evangelism and had a huge response. Tons of people came to the Lord. Anyhow, I got to lead a girl to Christ! Miss Cathy led her cousin Faith to Christ and then I got to talk to her about the Lord. Her name is Charisma, be praying for her. I really hope she understood her decision, if not her grandfather is a pastor and can hopefully help her to understand more. That was a huge answer to prayer. I haven't actually gotten to pray with anyone to receive Christ since my days at ABC.

Then Sunday we had church in the park and had a big picnic afterwards. It was nice, even though Ray got my kite I've had since I was a kid stuck in the tree. :) It really wasn't a big deal, I just have to give him a hard time, especially since he had to rescue a kite that I almost lost last weekend.

You know...(completely off the subject) growing up I always thought of what I would do different from my Mom when I was a mother. Now, I keep thinking, "What would Mom do?"

I'm going to try to add some pictures now. Let's hope the old dial up can handle it.

No comments: