Saturday, April 29, 2006

An interesting week

"Look at me Mom"

















It is much more fun to play the drum from the inside.











I didn't realize how urgent it was to keep up with the blog, but my mom claims she's addicted. Anyhow, I'm proud of myself...I've stayed sane all week with Ray being gone until 8 to 11 o'clock every night. Not only that, but I've learned to do all kinds of useful things. I've successfully learned how to start and use a push mower on my own and how to jump the battery on the car. I also had to use the electric hedge trimmer. When I did that last weekend, Julie was looking out the window yelling, "Are you crazy, Mom, are you crazy?!" She also cheered on Poppy fixing the deck, "Good job, Poppy!"

Julie also got a boo-boo that she is very proud of. Donna pushed her down her driveway on a skateboard and she skinned her elbow. She has been showing everyone. Since washing it made it feel better, I think she thought it would make her diaper rash better too and when she had a bath yesterday, she was sticking her butt out saying, "Wash butt please Mom." and trying to look over her shoulder to make sure I did a good job (I guess).

We went to some furniture stores Wednesday while Gideon was with the babysitter. Julie had to tuck Elmo into the beds. I'm glad nobody minded. We had a fun girl's day out. Julie really enjoys looking at shoes too. She tries them on and is very particular. Then she says, "No, this one's too big, this one's too little..."

Then Friday, we had three moms and 8 kids over to play. It was a very noisy day.

Gideon has been talking a lot more. He says, "Pees Mom" all the time, sometimes he points or says eat and yesterday it sounded like he said movie. I don't know if it would sound like he's talking to anyone else, but it sounds like it to me.

No comments: